Find us on Google+

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sony A7r with Leica Summicron 35mm f2 ASPH Test Sample Images



This is the kind of lens that will fit perfectly with a small range-finder sized camera such as the Sony a7r, a high quality 35mm lens and it does not get much better than the Leica Summicron 35mm f2 ASPH. Perfect for street photography, I am sure most of us who are planning to use the M-Mount adapter are thinking of putting a lens like this on the camera and for many a good 35mm or 50mm lens is the only lens they will ever want or need. 

So I am sure everyone is wondering how well this lens will work...Well again thanks to samples from tamrong@siammirrorless.com the following photos might give us an idea.

These photos were not taken by me but by tamrong@siammirrorless.com and I am truly grateful to him for providing some great information.
I have read from many sources on the Internet beforehand that any M-Mount lens from 35mm and up will be fine, but from the sample images it seems that under some shooting conditions it will still suffer from vignetting. Now I am eager to get my hands on the a7r so that can test things out for myself because one of the lens that I was really intending to use on the camera is the Carl Zeiss 35mm f2 Biogon. Hopefully I will get some better results with it.

1 comment: