Find us on Google+

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Heading Off To Hong Kong Tomorrow



Taken with the Sony A99 and Carl Zeiss 16-35mm f2.8 on my trip to Hong Kong last year

I will be heading off on a trip to Hong Kong tomorrow for a few days. Seems like the perfect opportunity to test out the Sony A7r in real use situation while traveling. One of the main reason I have been looking forward to getting the A7r is its size. Using the A99 is great fun and I am very satisfied with its performance but having to carry a big and heavy DSLR (or SLT) around when travelling can be quite tiring sometimes. So hopefully the A7r will offer the same level of performance (or even better) while being small and light to carry around.

Usually when I take my A99 on a trip the only lens I take is the Carl Zeis 16-35mm f2.8 this time though I am going to change it up. That lens is great but it is a hugh lens and would defeat the purpose of having a small camera. Instead I am going to be using some nice small vintage lenses instead. I do have some old but great Leica lenses in both M-Mount and R-Mount but taking both would mean having to carry both types of adapter and changing lenses between mount would be too much of a hassle (I am usually even too lazy to change native mount lenses). In the end I decided to go with the M-Mount and to take the Leica 50mm f2 Summicron and the 75mm f1.4 Summilux, which are amazing lenses in all aspects whether you are talking in terms of quality, size or weight.

Hopefully when I get to Hong Kong I will have time to take plenty of photos and also process them and give everyone updates on how the Sony A7r performs. If not then I will try to update as soon as possible when I get back.


No comments:

Post a Comment