Find us on Google+

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sony a900 & Minolta 35mm f1.4 G Test : People Flooding The Shops In Thailand

The sign reads "SALE", but that's not the reason why everything is sold out

Excuse the pun, but with the recent mass floodings going on throughout Thailand people have been stocking up on supplies. Currently everyone has been talking about how water from the north is heading for Bangkok and it is only a matter of time before we revert back to being "the Venice of the East". Having lived in Bangkok for the last three decades there has never been a flooding situation where people couldn't go out to get food and water, so I was laughing at these crazy people who keeps telling me to stock up for at least a month's worth of supplies. Having been to the supermarket recently however, maybe I'm the crazy one because whole shelves in the food and beverages section were just completly empty. Kind of reminds me of the movie "Contagion" I just saw. Oh well I guess we will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment