Find us on Google+

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Low Light Compact Shots

In some situations trying to take your regular photographs are just almost impossible. Being in a bar with low mood lighting is one of them, especially when all you have is a compact camera (in this case I think I had a lumix). Still wanting to have something to remember my night by I tried a few different settings and a few different techniques. I think the technique that worked best was setting the flash to off, this cause the camera to set the exposure to about 5 seconds (there are no manual shutter speed and f stops settings). As I take the photograph I pan the camera across the room for about 2.5 seconds to get some nice light trails, then I hold the camera as still as I can on the subject I want for the remaining 2.5 seconds. Below is one of the resulting shots.


click on image to view full size

No comments:

Post a Comment