Find us on Google+

Friday, October 14, 2011

Sony a900 & Minolta 35mm f1.4 G Test : Is it a Shop? Is its a restaurant? Is it a gallery? No...It's Happened To Be A Closet

The second you step into this...er...place, you will immediately be wondering where you are. This place definitely has it's own thing going on, but maybe you should have expected this if you had taken a look at it's name, I mean it's not everyday that so see a name like "It's Happened To Be A Closet".

click image to view full size

This...brand...started off as a clothing store/restaurant/hair salon (yes you read that right), all compacted into a rather small space. Even with the clothing store part on it's own this place would still have plenty of character. Selling it's own designs of weird(to me anyways but it is selling extremely well, so well in fact that the store has now got several branches) handmade outfits. Even the store layout and arrangement is somewhat unique as you can probably tell from the pictures. The store is decorated with vintage furniture and antique pieces, and the cloths themselves are...well... different, on top of that there is just so much clothing that there are hugh piles of them everywhere. 


click image to view full size


But it's not for the fashion that I came, I mean a yellow t-shirt is pushing at the limit of my comfort zone, so I don't think there are any outfits here that I would dare wear in public. I came because I have been told by many people that "It's Happened To Be A Closet" serves some very nice Italian food. So today I came to the original branch located in Siam Square (a shopping district where teenagers and hip people hang out) for the authentic experience. I mean I have walked passed other branches and they looked like regular restaurants, not so here. Here...well it's like you are having food serve to you in the middle of a large walk in closet.


click image to view full size

This place must have one powerful ventilation system. I mean with so much clothing everywhere aren't they worried about getting the smell of food and cooking on them? Oh well that's not for me to worry about. I have got more pressing matters to attend to, like eating some delicious food.


click image to view full size
 
I got to say I love good bread, and the complimentary bread here is amazing. I could  just have them as a meal by themselves.


click image to view full size

Fattening up for the winter here in Thailand...well that's my excuse anyway.

click image to view full size



click image to view full size

I have got to say, to all those people who have been recommending this place to me, it did not disappoint. The food was great and so was the unique experience. It's not everyday that you get to eat good food in this kind of setting, well actually it's not everyday that you get to be in this kind of setting at all. So If you happen to be around Siam Square in Bangkok, I suggest you go give this place a visit, it's located in Siam Square Soi 3.

Here's their website if you need more information or directions http://itshappenedtobeacloset.wordpress.com

click image to view full size





2 comments:

  1. Dear Sir/Mdm,



    My name is Blanka Libisz and I am working at GuidePal city guide, I don’t know if you’ve heard of us. With 5,000,000 users and counting, GuidePal is one of the world's most popular mobile travel guide app (you can use it on Iphone, Android, Windows 7 Phone and Blackberry). In every city we have appointed local experts and with their help we have been able to deliver only the best sites and hidden gems.



    We are currently working on our Bangkok guide and I saw that you have some awesome photos of "It's happened to be a closet", which we are featuring in our guide. We would love to use your pictures! We will of course credit your photos properly!

    By being featured you are receiving a lot of exposure in an unbiased travel guide and I will link both our website and the latest issue of our monthly newsletter.

    http://guidepal.com/
    http://guidepal.com/TravelMag.aspx?newsletter=8

    We look forward to hearing from you!

    Best regards,
    Blanka Libisz, GuidePal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me on: blanka@guidepal.com

    ReplyDelete