Find us on Google+

Friday, June 7, 2013

Hello Hong Kong Day 1 - Avenue Of Stars with Sony a99 Carl Zeiss 16-35mm f2.8


Having last visited Hong Kong almost ten years ago I am back at last to the city with my favorite skyline, and in my opinion one of the most beautiful skyline in the world. Of course I am probably bias since I have always had an affinity for large metropolises for some reason. Being in a place where millions of people are living out their lives around you always gives me a strange sense of comfort, and yet it also gives me a strange feeling of loneliness deep down in my stomach.

Anyways enough of my ramblings. My first day in Hong Kong this time around wasn't very productive, my flight arrived late in the afternoon so there wasn't much of the day left. Luckily I was staying right by the waterfront on Kowloon, only about 100 meters from the Avenue Of Stars. The photo above was the view from my hotel room, the walkway along the water you can see is the Avenue Of Stars.


A decade ago when I was in Hong Kong I wasn't really into photography yet, but this time around as soon as I got to my room I just dumped everything on the floor, grabbed my Sony a99, a tripod and headed straigh out the door, I was just so eager to start taking photos of this amazing place. For the first day I just went for a walk around the area near my hotel with my main destination being the walkway along the waterfront with the view of the famous skyline of Hong Kong. Hmm...it seems this cruise ship is following me around.


Having arrived at the Avenue Of Stars I was rather apprehensive at first to use my tripod. I didn't want to upset anyone by accidentally blocking their view, but after walking around for a while I saw several photographers with far larger contraptions than mine setup along the banks. This gave me the courage to finally setup my own tripod and take some pictures.


The weather was really hazy (and it remained so during the entire trip :( ) so I wasn't able to get as many good shots as I wanted (more likely my lack of skill). I only had the chance to setup for a few shots when it started to rain, probably the gods trying to tell me just to give up.


Still got a few cliche shots of the famous Hong Kong skyline though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment