Find us on Google+

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bangkok New Year's Eve Fairground Rides 2011 Minolta 35mm f1.4 G

Following the previous post about the photos I took on New Year's Eve of 2010 I realized that I also had photos I took on New Year's Eve of 2011.

Armed with a 30 year old Minolta 35mm f1.4 G lens attached to the Sony a900, I once again find myself in central Bangkok, and once again the atmosphere was just as vibrant and colorful as ever, maybe even more colorful than the previous year considering I spent the night walking around a fairground.

There was an empty plot of land right in the heart of Bangkok that has been cleared and was in the process of being develop into yet another department store. Before the construction work starts however, someone had the brilliant idea of plonking down a fairground for people to enjoy during the Christmas and New Year.


I got dizzy just photographing the thing...can't imagine what those people on are feeling

One thing that I didn't have with me this time is a tripod :(, which is a real shame with all the rides with spinning colored lights presenting some great opportunities for long exposure shots. I tired my best to do them handheld, but there are still some blurring in the images.




I never win anything at these fairground games






The New Year excitement seems to be lost on this particular guard

No comments:

Post a Comment