Find us on Google+

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sony 16mm Fisheye f2.8 Sample Photos with a900 Canal City Fukuoka Japan

please click on image to view full size

Having only brought along the Carl Zeiss 16-35mm f2.8 for this trip to Japan, I was quite happy to use the one lens for the entire trip. However, while out window shopping one day I discovered that the Sony 16mm Fisheye is significantly cheaper here than in Thailand. The perfect excuse to add one more lens to my collection :)

And I would have regretted not buying it, as within about an hour of walking out of the camera shop I arrived at Canal City and found myself in the perfect situation to use, and test out the new Fisheye. Canal City is a famous shopping complex in Fukuoka, with a man made canal running through the place and a water fountain show every half an hour. As soon as I walked in I was standing in the main circular courtyard, then I heard "the next water fountain show is going to start in 5 minutes"...perfect.


please click on image to view full size


Still sitting in its brand new box, I unpacked the Fisheye and attached it to the a900 as quickly as I could, and as it turned out, just in time. The results can be seen above with the pictures of the water show.


please click on image to view full size

Here is a shot from the outside of Canal City taken with the Carl Zeiss 16-35mm f2.8.

No comments:

Post a Comment